What is Personal Data?
“Personal Data” is defined to mean data, whether true or not, regarding an individual who can be recognized from the data he or she has provided, or from the data and information which accessible to an organization. Common examples of personal data include names, NRIC, contact number, etc.
Sources of Personal Data
Personal data may be provided by an individual directly or from the following sources:
- Enquiry Form
- a variety of Application or Registration Forms
- other Centres and/or support services related Request Forms
- previous qualifications documents and/or certificates
- maintenance of student records
- school communication
- processing applications for enrolment
- her instances of how personal data is obtained from external sources but not confined to the following:
- from third parties such as former educational institutions, law enforcement agencies and other government establishment
- personal data which is accessible publicly or through VBest website’s Cookies
Personal Data Processed by the Centres
- Identification Number (NRIC)
- Passport number
- Contact numbers
- Personal email address
- Photo and images
- Student’s gender
- Date of birth
- Education qualifications
- Parents’ or guardian’s marital status
- Details of emergency contact person(s)
- Bill-payment-related information
These personal data is necessary to commence matters with the Centres. Failure to provide the stated personal data will result in the Centres inability to proceed further with the matter.
Sensitive Personal Data
A few of the personal data collected by VBest Centres may be considered as ‘sensitive personal data’ under the Act. The data are not restricted to the following:
- Misconduct and disciplinary action records
- Criminal offence records
- Family court orders
Such sensitive information are treated carefully by the VBest Centres and used for certain purposes. The information will not be revealed without consent unless necessary.
Usage of Personal Data
- The purpose of the collection and processing of personal data are not restricted to the following:
- Processing application for admission
- Managing and responding to enquiries
- Maintaining students’ personal details, academic and non-academic records
- Monitoring fee and other payments
- Communicating with students on important announcements
- Contacting student’s emergency contact person(s)
Disclosure of Personal Data
VBest Tuition Centres will keep personal data confidential. However, personal data may be disclosed with written consent to third parties such as The Ministry of Education (or other relevant government bodies/establishments), professional or accreditation bodies, other institutions or companies within VBest.
VBest Tuition Centres will update the Personal Data Protection Policy from time to time in with legal or practice developments. If you have any questions, please contact us via email [email protected].